Additional Products & Services
Technology Connection offers a variety of additional products and services that provide opportunities to improve operations and practices, increase data center efficiency, and both save money and gain profits on existing facilities and equipment.
Media Buy Back
Technology Connection offers a media buyback program. We will buy any volume of nearly any type of new or used media back up tape on the market today. We can address all logistic and security concerns that you may have.
In addition to the monetary return that you will receive, you rest assured that you’ve found a solution that is environmentally responsible. The vast majority of used tape in the market can be reused or recycled. Only a small percentage actually needs to end up in a landfill.
What is the process?
- Contact Technology Connection listing brand, format, condition and quantity of tape
- Purchasing will provide the value of the tape and detail any costs involved such as onsite destruction services, custom freight, etc.
- On your confirmation, purchasing will issue a purchase order that will include prices, freight, and payment terms.
- Tape will be shipped to TC facility (San Jose, CA) with complete chain-of-custody documentation and you will be notified at time of receipt.
- Tape will go into a cue to be inspected and sorted. You will be notified at its completion.
- Once the inspection and sort has been completed, paperwork will be processed, and go into accounting for payment or credit
- A letter of data destruction will be provided upon your request
As the IT industry continues to expand, the need for proper disposal of various types of equipment, such as tape and IT assets, grows as well. Improper recycling of IT equipment poses a threat to the environment and the security of your information. Technology Connection not only ensures thorough destruction of personal information, but also recycles IT equipment in a manner that preserves the environment.
Our recycling and disposal services include:
- Accurate identification and reporting of asset received, ensuring client reconciliation and initiation of chain of custody.
- Itemized, detailed and accurate reporting and settlement completes the chain of custody.
- Data removal in compliance with the stringent Department of Defense 5220.22-M protocol.
- Full-service transportation and packing capabilities.
Data Recovery and Eradication
Our data recovery specialists will do everything possible to recover your data. We understand that a failed data recovery attempt can result in permanent data loss and can be damaging to you and your business. Our technicians frequently perform successful data recoveries on drives sent to us after failed attempts by our competition.
Don’t assume that your data cannot be recovered. We’ve recovered data from drives put under the most extreme conditions. Our technicians have performed successful recoveries for hundreds of corporations; including American Airlines, Hewlett Packard, Frito-Lay and SBC Communications.